Some excellent posts I’ve been reading lately to understand more about my distaste with the show recently
- What Steven Moffat doesn’t understand about grief, and why it’s killing Doctor Who by Sarah Siegel
- Doctor Who’s girl problem by Sarah Siegel
- Whovian Feminism Reviews “The Day of the Doctor” on Whovian Feminism (which is a fantastic blog about the feminism of Doctor. There are many interesting and deep analyses about the inherent sexism of the show which bug me a lot)
- This post by Amy on her Tumblr
- And this one too on Kittypython’s Tumblr
I’m not sure how I feel about Doctor Who right now. On one hand, I still love it, because I have devoted a lot of my time to it, but on the other hand, I feel disrespected as a viewer, and baffled at how you can just retcon an entire character’s arc and development in one episode. I don’t think I will ever understand that, and I hope not to.